Pistachio Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 6 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream and chopped pistachios, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and almonds; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/4 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice cheesecake; drizzle slices with chocolate syrup. Garnish with whipped cream and pistachios if desired. Yield: 12 -14 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Cheesecake
Sort By :
"It was totally tasteless and very expensive to make. Everyone was disappointed."
"Hi guys,The picture above shows that the cake has a crust on top as well. Any ideas on how this is achieved?"
"The filling is great. But the crust I would use a graham cracker or cookie crust for the crust part. The crust was like pie dough .That part was awful also the crust was quite thick. I like a lot thinner crust. Instead of using chocolate syrup. I melteded chocolate chips and drizzled it over the top."
"I added a tablespoon of almond extract to boost the flavor and about 3 drops of green food coloring to boost the color. Instead of the chocolate topping, I stirred up a can of whole berry cranberry sauce and spooned it over the top around the edge .... everyone at my open house remarked how the red berries and green cake looked just like a Christmas wreath. Very tasty!!"
"Weird flavour - flavourless & just ... blah, not very yummy so will never make again!"