- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed animal crackers
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Additional chopped pistachios and animal cracker crumbs, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, lemon juice, cardamom and, if desired, food coloring. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in pistachios. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with whipped cream and sprinkle with pistachios and cracker crumbs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Cardamom Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p69
Reviews for Pistachio Cardamom Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2012
"outstanding my family loved it!"
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2012