Pistachio Buttons Recipe
This cookie recipe makes a big batch, which comes in handy during the holidays. The green center adds a festive touch. —Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 10 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Mix melted chocolate into half of dough; add pistachios and food coloring if desired to the remaining half. Divide each dough into four portions.
- 3. Roll out one chocolate portion into an 8-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Roll one green portion into an 8-in. log; place on chocolate dough 1 in. from a long side. Roll dough around filling and seal edges. Repeat with remaining dough. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 cookie equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Pistachio Buttons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC