For a fruity, satisfying dessert, we like this smooth and creamy pudding. Since the recipe makes a big batch, it's nice for a potluck. Try it the next time warm weather makes you crave a cool and slightly sweet treat.
-Carol Lynn Chizzoniti, Holbrook, New York
16-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Drain fruit cocktail, pineapple and oranges, reserving 3 cups juice.
- Set fruit aside; pour juice into a 4-qt. bowl. Add pudding mix and
- mix until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add whipped topping and mix
- until smooth. Fold in fruit; chill for several hours. Top with
- pecans just before serving if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.