Pistachio Ambrosia Recipe
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Drain fruit cocktail, pineapple and oranges, reserving 3 cups juice. Set fruit aside; pour juice into a 4-qt. bowl. Add pudding mix and mix until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add whipped topping and mix until smooth. Fold in fruit; chill for several hours. Top with pecans just before serving if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Ambrosia
Sort By :
"I've been making this for years! It's what I will usually take to cook outs and parties if I want to take something sweet, cool, and refreshing that serves a large crowd and looks pretty too! You can't go wrong with this one folks!!"
"I have been making this Ambrosia for several years,for work or church and family get togethers! It is always on the top of the list of will you make...! By requesters it is known as the "Green Stuff" and I can't go to or have any function that they don't ask if there will be "green stuff" lol. It is very refreshing and loved!"
"Love...love...love this recipe. Easy to make. I usually double it because it doesn't last long."
"I know this recipe as Watergate. It also often has marshmallows in it. Watergate/Pistachio Ambrosia - it's a tummy pleaser by either name!"
"I looked for this recipe I remembered from when I was a little girl . I remembered something similar at our church picnics. However the recipe I remembered had colored mini marshmallows. I decided to make this and right before serving , I stirred in the marshmallows. It is delicious. I was not disappointed. Thank you for giving me a memory from my childhood. Making it again now for our dinner with some friends. :)"