For a fruity, satisfying dessert, we like this smooth and creamy pudding. Since the recipe makes a big batch, it's nice for a potluck. Try it the next time warm weather makes you crave a cool and slightly sweet treat. -Carol Lynn Chizzoniti, Holbrook, New York
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped pecans, optional
- Drain fruit cocktail, pineapple and oranges, reserving 3 cups juice. Set fruit aside; pour juice into a 4-qt. bowl. Add pudding mix and mix until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add whipped topping and mix until smooth. Fold in fruit; chill for several hours. Top with pecans just before serving if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Pistachio Ambrosia in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p37
Reviews for Pistachio Ambrosia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review