Pistachio Ambrosia Recipe
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) fruit cocktail
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 4 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Drain fruit cocktail, pineapple and oranges, reserving 3 cups juice. Set fruit aside; pour juice into a 4-qt. bowl. Add pudding mix and mix until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add whipped topping and mix until smooth. Fold in fruit; chill for several hours. Top with pecans just before serving if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Pistachio Ambrosia(11)
Sort By :
I know this recipe as Watergate. It also often has marshmallows in it. Watergate/Pistachio Ambrosia - it's a tummy pleaser by either name!
I looked for this recipe I remembered from when I was a little girl . I remembered something similar at our church picnics. However the recipe I remembered had colored mini marshmallows. I decided to make this and right before serving , I stirred in the marshmallows. It is delicious. I was not disappointed. Thank you for giving me a memory from my childhood. Making it again now for our dinner with some friends. :)
My family and I love this recipe for our parties. Most eat this as a dessert. I use Canned fruit in its own juice.
and I use Low Fat sour cream and whipped toppings.Deeeelicious!
Delicious just as written. A new favorite. Yum. Had to go back for seconds on a full stomach.
Delicious exactly as written. A new favorite. Yum.