Pirate's Shipwreck Stew Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef with onion over medium heat; drain. In a 3-qt. baking dish, combine beef mixture with remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice and potatoes are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 204 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.