You'll get hooked on this quick-to-fix dish from Susan Kaye of Olivet, Michigan. The flaky baked cod is enhanced by a delicately seasoned golden coating and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 12 ounces cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour wine or broth into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Place fish on top. In a small bowl, combine the
- cracker crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and paprika;
- sprinkle over fish. Drizzle with oil. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly
- browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 125 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.