You'll get hooked on this quick-to-fix dish from Susan Kaye of Olivet, Michigan. The flaky baked cod is enhanced by a delicately seasoned golden coating and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- 4 teaspoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 12 ounces cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 8 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour wine or broth into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place fish on top. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and paprika; sprinkle over fish. Drizzle with oil. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pirate's Delight in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p42
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pirate's Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review