Piquant Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, baked in a well-seasoned sauce, are always on the menu for our family's informal Christmas Eve get-togethers. Leftovers— if there are any— are a cinch to reheat in a slow cooker.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink and sauce is bubbly. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 183 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Piquant Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC