Piquant Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, baked in a well-seasoned sauce, are always on the menu for our family's informal Christmas Eve get-togethers. Leftovers if there are any are a cinch to reheat in a slow cooker.
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a saucepan, combine cranberry sauce, chili sauce and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; add beef and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink and sauce is bubbly. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Piquant Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p22
Reviews for Piquant Meatballs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >