Pinwheel Steak Potpie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom or beef gravy
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef in batches; remove from pan. Sprinkle with pepper; keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, combine vegetables, water and thyme; stir in gravy. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are thawed. Stir in beef; remove from heat.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Starting from the wide end of each triangle, roll up a third of the length and place over beef mixture with pointed ends toward the center.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
B> 1 piece equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Pinwheel Steak Potpie
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.