Pinwheel Pizza Snacks Recipe
They look beautiful and taste fantastic—talk about a winning combination! These pretty pizza snacks are easy appetizers, but you could also serve them with a salad for a special lunch. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Spread pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- 2. Place pinwheels, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Top each with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC