Pinwheel Pizza Snacks Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Spread pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- 2. Place pinwheels, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Top each with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews for Pinwheel Pizza Snacks
"I decided to add finely chopped pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce and I don't know if that's what made them so mushy inside. I chilled it, too, before slicing as suggested, which seemed to have made it easier to slice. But these just did not turn out for me. I doubt I'll try it again."
"i didn't find these had much flavor... wasn't impressed"
"I added pepperoni and used scissors to cut the dough instead of a knife, this made them appear more like a pinwheel and less like a flat tire. Overall, though, they were too soft and did not bake up like the picture. Maybe I will put them in the refrigerator next time before cutting them."
"My grandson (12) asked me for the recipe so that he can make it again."
"After I rolled the dough in jelly-roll style, I put it in the fringe for about 15 minutes. It was much easier to cut into slices after it had been chilled. Everyone liked this recipe, next time I will chop up some pepperoni into small pieces and put on top with the tomatoes and cheese."