Pinwheel Pizza Snacks Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Spread pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place pinwheels, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Top each with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pinwheel Pizza Snacks(5)
Sort By :
i didn't find these had much flavor... wasn't impressed
I added pepperoni and used scissors to cut the dough instead of a knife, this made them appear more like a pinwheel and less like a flat tire. Overall, though, they were too soft and did not bake up like the picture. Maybe I will put them in the refrigerator next time before cutting them.
My grandson (12) asked me for the recipe so that he can make it again.
After I rolled the dough in jelly-roll style, I put it in the fringe for about 15 minutes. It was much easier to cut into slices after it had been chilled. Everyone liked this recipe, next time I will chop up some pepperoni into small pieces and put on top with the tomatoes and cheese.
Fast and easy. Very difficult to cut into slices, though, without the dough smooshing together. I would add a more Italian herbs too.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pinwheel Appetizers >
- Pizza Crescent Rolls >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >