- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Spread pizza sauce to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place pinwheels, cut side down, on a greased baking sheet. Top each with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pinwheel Pizza Snacks
Sort By :
I decided to add finely chopped pepperoni on top of the pizza sauce and I don't know if that's what made them so mushy inside. I chilled it, too, before slicing as suggested, which seemed to have made it easier to slice. But these just did not turn out for me. I doubt I'll try it again.
i didn't find these had much flavor... wasn't impressed
I added pepperoni and used scissors to cut the dough instead of a knife, this made them appear more like a pinwheel and less like a flat tire. Overall, though, they were too soft and did not bake up like the picture. Maybe I will put them in the refrigerator next time before cutting them.
My grandson (12) asked me for the recipe so that he can make it again.
After I rolled the dough in jelly-roll style, I put it in the fringe for about 15 minutes. It was much easier to cut into slices after it had been chilled. Everyone liked this recipe, next time I will chop up some pepperoni into small pieces and put on top with the tomatoes and cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pinwheel Appetizers >
- Pizza Crescent Rolls >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >