Pinwheel Pizza Loaf Recipe
I've kept this recipe since I first tried it in high school. This unusual dish looks like a meat loaf but has real pizza appeal—it's especially popular with young people. Many neighbors have called to get the recipe after their kids tried it at my house. —Rhonda Touchet Jennings, Louisiana
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over eggs and mix well. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with ham and cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- 2. Place the loaf seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC