- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over eggs and mix well. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with ham and cheese to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling away foil while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- Place the loaf seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pinwheel Pizza Loaf
"This was great and was a huge it at my son's party with his friends."
"Not that good. There wasn't much flavor to it."
"This was great! However, it did not turn out as the picture! I did use one less pound of beef though. 3 pounds sounded like way too much. My family loved it- it was great. I used to not like meat loaf. This version is pleasingly different."