Pinwheel Mints Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red and green food coloring
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in as much confectioners' sugar as possible.
- Turn onto a work surface dusted with confectioners' sugar; knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth and sugar is absorbed (mixture will be stiff). Divide mixture in half. Using food coloring, tint one portion pink and the other portion light green, kneading until blended.
- Divide each portion in half; shape each half into a 10-in. log to make two pink logs and two green logs. Place one log on a 12-in. piece of waxed paper lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Flatten log slightly; cover with a second piece of waxed paper. Roll out candy mixture into a 12-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Repeat with remaining logs.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper from one pink and one green rectangle. Place one rectangle over the other. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in waxed paper; twist ends. Repeat with remaining rectangles. Chill overnight.
- To serve, cut candy into 1/2-in. slices. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Pinwheel Mints
Sort By :
this is a good recipe for cream mints. you could use any color combo to make for any holiday. just use candy coloring as regular will make the recipe off
We've used this base recipe in our family for years. They are so good. You can easily change the flavoring up on them too. YUMM! The pinwheel design can be hard to make, which is the only reason this recipe doesn't get 5 stars from me.
These taste like the inside of a peppermint patty. I had to add 3 tablespoons of water to be able to knead it all together. I also cut it into 1/4 inch slices, not 1/2 inch slices.
These were a little tricky, but pinwheel cookies are a little difficult for me as well. I am hosting a baby shower soon and was looking for something different to make. These are perfect. I can already see different color combinations to match occasions!
Yummy. Yummy. Yummy!!!