Pinwheel Flank Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper and seasoned salt; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine the bacon, garlic, parsley, onion, salt and remaining pepper; sprinkle over steak to within 1 in. of edges. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style; tie with kitchen string at 1-in. intervals. Cut into six 1-1/4-in. rolls.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak rolls, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut and remove string before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pinwheel Flank Steaks
Sort By :
My steaks turned out perfectly tender, but I found the marinade to be a bit overwhelming for my meat. I think if I make this in the future, I'll just take it easy on the pepper. I also used onion powder and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic in the rolls. They were very nice looking and fancy!
I wish the steaks were more tender.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >