- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the beans in a Dutch oven; add enough water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard liquid. Add 4 cups water and onion to the beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until beans are almost tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered for 3 hours or until thick and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings(3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Pinto Pepperoni Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p132
Reviews for Pinto Pepperoni Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
"My family loved this recipe! Going to make it again."