Sauced-up sausage, tomatoes, green pepper and onion accompany two kinds of beams in this warm main dish from Gloria Slater of Seaford, Delaware. Serve hearty helpings with a salad and rolls for a filling supper.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds reduced-fat smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pinto Beans with Kielbasa in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p13
Reviews for Pinto Beans with Kielbasa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review