Pinto Beans and Rice Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, liquid smoke if desired, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and beans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 263 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Beans and Rice
"This was good and easy. I only had 2 cups of rice so just used that. For us it was enough. My husband is not a pinto bean man but really enjoyed this. I will make again maybe change it up a bit but still a great base recipe."
"We did not like this recipe at all. I think theKetchup & mustard ruined it. Just our opinion ."
"I made this for an elderly man that I cook for to bring to a potluck he was going to, and when he saw it he said, "Wow that looks good! I'll try to be first in line so I can get some." When I tried it it tasted very good and I think I'll make it at our house too. :)"
"Eliminated brown sugar and after baking topped with shredded cheese ....back in oven til melted!"
"I MADETHIS RECIPE AND WE REALLY LIKED IT. I COOKED MY OWN PINTO BEANS BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ALL THAT SODIUM IN THEM. I TOO WOULD COVER IT THE NEXT TIME OR PUT A LITTLE MORE LIQUID IN THEM. I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS TOO SWEET. I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE THIS AGAIN. I HAD SOME COOKED RICE I NEEDED TO USE TOO."
"This was good for a baked bean dish, but I only put in 1 can of beans (that was plenty for us!). It was pretty sweet with only 2 Tbsp brown sugar and turned out kind of dry being cooked uncovered. I'd cover it next time."
"Good and easy, I'll definitely make this again."