I love to try different foods, and I especially like to see the reaction of my family when I put new dishes on the dinner table. This was a success. I've since served it at many potlucks and have been asked for the recipe every time.—Linda Romano, Mt. Airy, North Carolina
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, liquid smoke if desired, salt and pepper. Stir in rice and beans.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pinto Beans and Rice in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p223
Reviews for Pinto Beans and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review