Pinto Bean Turnovers Recipe
Try these satisfying snacks from Sue Seymour Valatie, New York. She pats cheese into the dough, then tucks in store-bought bean dip to fix these tasty turnovers. "They're easy to assemble with prepared pie crusts," she says.
- 3/4 cup pinto bean dip
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine bean dip, onion and green pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Sprinkle with half of cheese; press lightly with fingers. Turn pastry over; sprinkle with remaining cheese and press lightly. Cut into 3-in. circles.
- 2. Place about 2 teaspoons bean mixture in the center of each circle. Fold over; press edges with a fork to seal. Sprinkle with chili powder. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 155 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Bean Turnovers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC