Pinto Bean Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugar and coconut. Add eggs; stir well. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with pecans; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean but moist. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 422 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Pinto Bean Pie
"I have been looking for this recipe for years. I can't believe i found it.Thanks Marie"