Pinto Bean Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugar and coconut. Add eggs; stir well. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with pecans; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean but moist. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 422 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Bean Pie
"I have been looking for this recipe for years. I can't believe i found it.Thanks Marie"