Pinto Bean Dip Recipe
Whenever there's a gathering, friends tell me, "Be sure to bring your bean dip!" With several delightful layers, this is more than a snack—some guests practically make a meal out of it. You'll need big chips to pick up all the scrumptious ingredients. —Claire Rademacher, Whittier, California
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Spread onto a 12-in. serving plate.
- 2. Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- 3. Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese and olives. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 25-30 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC