Pinto Bean Dip Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Spread onto a 12-in. serving plate.
- 2. Mash avocados with lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over bean mixture. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning; spread over avocado layer.
- 3. Sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, cheese and olives. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 25-30 servings.
1/4 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pinto Bean Dip
"Very pretty and delicious dip. Great for tailgating or mexican themed party!"
"One of my favorite go-to recipes for potluck gatherings . . . and sometimes at home, we just make a meal out of it!"
"This bean dip is so yummy, my co wokers beg me to bring this on appetizer days."
"This was fantastic. Everyone at my party raved about it. I have been sharing the recipe with many friends. Thank you.Susan"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.