- Gradually stir in water. Add the beans, chili powder, cumin and
- sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2
- hours or until beans are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar and
- salt; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for quesadillas, spread about 1 tablespoon of chilies on
- half of each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese; fold in
- half. In a large skillet, cook tortillas in 1 teaspoon of oil over
- medium heat until lightly browned on each side, adding more oil as
- needed. Cut each in half. Serve with chili. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups chili with 3 quesadillas wedges equals 787 calories, 34 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 1,373 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 18 g fiber, 51 g protein.