- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken
- 8 ounces Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the corn, beans, tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the chicken and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pinto Bean Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"This was pretty tasty. I liked how quick it was to make. I used 1/4 cup cornstarch in place of the the flour to make it gluten-free. I used regular Velveeta and thought it was spicy enough."