Mexican Velveeta and green chilies add a kick to this satisfying soup sent in by Sybil Brown of Highland, California. The recipe calls for a number of canned goods, so it's simple to stir up, simmer and serve.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken
- 8 ounces Mexican process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the corn, beans, tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the chicken and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pinto Bean Chicken Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p57
Reviews for Pinto Bean Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review