Pinto Bean Casserole Recipe
—Sherry Lee, Shelby, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 package (9 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- 1. Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Pour over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC