Pinto Bean and Rice Casserole Recipe
This casserole is quick and simple. It tastes great with tortilla chips.—Linda Emery, Bearden, Arkansas
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mild or hot picante sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) Spanish rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, combine the beans, picante sauce, rice, beef and half the cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 482 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,583 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Pinto Bean and Rice Casserole
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2014
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC