- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pink coarse sugar and sugar pearls
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place white chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Roll edges of cupcakes with coarse sugar; decorate with sugar pearls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pink Velvet Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I love these cupcakes"
"They tasted ok but I thought they were a little bland. Next time I'll try adding some almond extract for a little extra flavor. Also the tops of the cupcakes were, for lack of a better description, crusty as if they were overbaked. Otherwise the cake was moist. My kids liked them."
"These are not red velvet cupcakes, they are pink velvet..."
"These look delicious but I always thought red velvet cupcakes/cake had cream cheese icing. I wonder if that would be good..."
"These cupcakes are delicious. When it came to the icing I could not figure out what I did wrong. I ended up making a butter cream icing instead. With the pearls and sugar they were great."