- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pink coarse sugar and sugar pearls
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place white chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Roll edges of cupcakes with coarse sugar; decorate with sugar pearls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pink Velvet Cupcakes
"I've made these at least a dozen times. The flavor is mild, (I do add vanilla bean paste), the texture is fluffy.... BUT they always fall flat after removing from oven. I've tried making hi-altitude adjustments (for 4300 ft) and still they fall. They're just a good cupcake I hate to give up the recipe. ANY suggestions? Thx."
"Thanks to other reviews I added a tablespoonful of vanilla extract and to add extra flavour I lessened sugar by two table spoon and added stawberry flavoured jello....result was most flavourful :)...didn't find these to be dry atall...they were soft n not so sweet with just a hint of stawberry flavour! Mine baked exactly at 25mins and I decorated them with white chocolate buttercream and pink sugar pearls....fabulous looking cupcakes in pink wrappers !!"
"I love these cupcakes"
"They tasted ok but I thought they were a little bland. Next time I'll try adding some almond extract for a little extra flavor. Also the tops of the cupcakes were, for lack of a better description, crusty as if they were overbaked. Otherwise the cake was moist. My kids liked them."
"These are not red velvet cupcakes, they are pink velvet..."