Pink Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
My daughter loves all things "girly" and pink, so this recipe was perfect for her birthday. Oddly enough, my teenage son (who's not a fan of pink) devours these cupcakes, too! —Paulette Smith, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pink paste food coloring
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pink coarse sugar and sugar pearls
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and food coloring until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, place white chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in butter. Transfer to a large bowl. Chill for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- 4. Beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes or until soft peaks form and frosting is light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Roll edges of cupcakes with coarse sugar; decorate with sugar pearls. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC