Pink Rhubarb Punch Recipe
Rhubarb is the featured ingredient in the blush-colored punch Rebecca Mininger, Orrville, Ohio, regularly makes. "A friend passed the recipe on to me," she tells. "We enjoy it so much that I thought others might, too."
- 8 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 8 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring rhubarb and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid (save rhubarb for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin powder in boiling water. Stir in pineapple and lemon juices. Stir in rhubarb liquid; refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, pour into a punch bowl and stir in ginger ale. Yield: about 5 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC