Pink Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 to 12 drops red food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1. In a bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and the sugar. Beat in egg, food coloring and peppermint extract. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture. Shape into a ball. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine chocolate syrup and remaining butter and flour; stir until well blended. Spoon into a pastry bag with a small round tip. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten into 1-1/2-in. circles. Pipe chocolate mixture on top of cookies in simple holiday designs. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 127 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Pink Peppermint Cookies
"These have been a favorite of our family for many years. They make a pretty presentation and taste great."
"We make these every year and the extended family always request these as a favorite!"