Pink Lemonade Stand Cake Recipe
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam, warmed
- 2 tablespoons thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons thawed pink lemonade concentrate, divided
- Pink sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of three greased 8-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and lemon peel until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and lemon peel until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar and 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate. If necessary, refrigerate until spreadable, up to 1 hour.
- 5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Brush 1 tablespoon lemonade concentrate over cake; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer; brush remaining lemonade concentrate over top.
- 6. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
- 7. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without optional decorations) equals 732 calories, 39 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 91 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Pink Lemonade Stand Cake
"Turned out great. I added a drop of red food coloring since I didn't have pink to the cake. Like everyone said the cake is very dense. It didn't come out big and fluffy like I thought. I added the sprinkles which made the icing have an artificial taste, next time I'll leave them off. I ended up scraping them off."
"very good cake:)"
"Everyone who has tasted the cake I made, liked it and really loved the frosting. I wondered if I did something wrong, since it was such a dense cake. After reading the other reviews, it must just be a dense cake. I agree with the others. I think it would be really pretty if I added a little food coloring to both the cake and frosting. Next time I think I will make the cupcakes."
"Wonderful tasting cake. Like a previous reviewer, I, too, will add some food coloring to the cake batter next time. Although it tasted wonderful, the cake itself was kind of a pale gray color and would look more appealing with a bit of pink color. I did have to refrigerate the frosting as it instructed, before spreading, but it worked fine that way. Really good recipe!"
"Really moist, dense (not heavy) texture, which was lovely. Neither the cake nor the frosting turned out very pink at all for me, so I might add a touch of food coloring next time, though I appreciated that the original baker tried to do without!"
"This is Good Cake! The grocery store I went to did not carry frozen pink lemonade so I had to use regular frozen lemonade. I love the frosting. I did add a little food coloring to turn it pink. The cake is moist and has great texture and flavor."
"This was an amazing cake with a true lemonade flavor. I made it as cupcakes for a bridal shower and received rave reviews from everyone. The cream cheese frosting is a must, but be sure keep refrigerated. I removed them 20 min. prior to serving and frosting soften to the proper consistency."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.