Pink Ice Recipe
- 10 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies (about 7 candies)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1. In a microwave, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave in additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Stir in the crushed candies, peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread onto waxed paper to cool completely. Break into small pieces; store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 ounces.
1 ounce: 312 calories, 16g fat (15g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Pink Ice
"Fantastic peppermint bark. I grew up in an area that had chocolate covered wintergreen patties as well as peppermint patties. I plan to make this bark using crushed Canada mints and a few drops of wintergreen oil. Very pretty on the gift trays."