"My grandmother made this colorful fluff for Christmas dessert, but it's delicious anytime of the year," says Joanna Powell of Etobicoke, Ontario. "Replace the crunchy pecans with cubes of sponge cake for a fun change of pace."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool until syrup. add
- ice cream; beat until blended. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold
- in strawberries and pecans. Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 204 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.