Pink Cherry Bread Recipe
Guests won't be able to overlook pieces of this delightful quick bread with its festive color. I bake it for all my Christmas parties, and it's always a big hit.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Coarsely chop cherries; set cherries and juice aside. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- 2. In another bowl, beat eggs and cherry juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the walnuts, coconut and cherries.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC