Pink Cherry Bread Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Coarsely chop cherries; set cherries and juice aside. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- 2. In another bowl, beat eggs and cherry juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the walnuts, coconut and cherries.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 162 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pink Cherry Bread
"Recipe is easy and quick to do. I use more cherry juice, as bread tends to be dry."
"The ratios are off somewhere between the dry and liquid. Mixed up extremely thick, sugary and had a hard time even wetting all the dry ingredients. Didn't add the coconut or walnuts, but since those are moisture absorbing ingredients, I don't think it would have loosened up the batter. I baked in 4 mini pans, the did not rise correctly, crust is extremely thick, interior crumb is rubbery (probably from overmixing to get all the dry ingredients moistened). The crust has a cotton candy flavor and has an aftertaste usually associated with excessive amounts of leavening agents....which considering the recipe actually calls for a tablespoon, not surprising. As a home economist, I may have my students play with this recipe ingredients and amounts to make a viable product."
"This bread sounds wonderful, but what could be used in place of coconut, as my husband cannot eat it. Thank you for any suggestions."