- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Coarsely chop cherries; set cherries and juice aside. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and cherry juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the walnuts, coconut and cherries.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Pink Cherry Bread
Sort By :
"Recipe is easy and quick to do. I use more cherry juice, as bread tends to be dry."
"The ratios are off somewhere between the dry and liquid. Mixed up extremely thick, sugary and had a hard time even wetting all the dry ingredients. Didn't add the coconut or walnuts, but since those are moisture absorbing ingredients, I don't think it would have loosened up the batter. I baked in 4 mini pans, the did not rise correctly, crust is extremely thick, interior crumb is rubbery (probably from overmixing to get all the dry ingredients moistened). The crust has a cotton candy flavor and has an aftertaste usually associated with excessive amounts of leavening agents....which considering the recipe actually calls for a tablespoon, not surprising. As a home economist, I may have my students play with this recipe ingredients and amounts to make a viable product."
"This bread sounds wonderful, but what could be used in place of coconut, as my husband cannot eat it. Thank you for any suggestions."