Pink Bonnet Gelatin Recipe
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or cherry gelatin
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) whipped topping
- 2 red Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Silk flowers, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring ginger ale to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until partially set. Stir in fruit cocktail and rice. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon 2 cups mixture into a 9-in. pie plate lined with plastic wrap.
- 2. Spoon remaining mixture into a 1-qt. round-bottomed bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Invert gelatin from bowl on top. wrap fruit rolls around the hat and tie into a bow. Garnish with strawberries and silk flowers if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 99 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Pink Bonnet Gelatin
"oh goodness. I should have thought of something like this before. Darling!"