Pink Bonnet Gelatin
This fashionable creation was extra special shaped like a fancy hat with fruit-scalloped brim.—Lois Jacobsen, Dallas, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry or cherry gelatin
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 carton (12 ounces) whipped topping
- 2 red Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Silk flowers, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring ginger ale to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour or until partially set. Stir in fruit cocktail and rice. Fold
- in whipped topping. Spoon 2 cups mixture into a 9-in. pie plate
- lined with plastic wrap.
- Spoon remaining mixture into a 1-qt. round-bottomed bowl lined with
- plastic wrap. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Invert
- gelatin from bowl on top. wrap fruit rolls around the hat and tie
- into a bow. Garnish with strawberries and silk flowers if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with diet ginger ale, sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat whipped topping; calculated without fruit rolls) equals 99 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium,