Pinecone-Shaped Spread Recipe
Spreading Christmas cheer is deliciously simple with this holiday novelty. Originally my mother's recipe, it always gets raves.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or raw vegetables
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, onion, dill and pepper; chill. Form into two pinecone shapes on a serving platter. Beginning at the narrow end of each shape, arrange almonds in overlapping rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 236 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC