Pinecone-Shaped Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or raw vegetables
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, onion, dill and pepper; chill. Form into two pinecone shapes on a serving platter. Beginning at the narrow end of each shape, arrange almonds in overlapping rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 236 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pinecone-Shaped Spread
"My friends and family LOVE this dip. I use slivered almonds and place them standing up instead of the whole nut."
"I wouls use neufatchel cheese, fat free mayonaise, and turkey bacon."
"This is a very impressive appetizer. I made two for a party and they went fast."