- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups whole unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, onion, dill and pepper; chill. Form into two pinecone shapes on a serving platter. Beginning at the narrow end of each shape, arrange almonds in overlapping rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pinecone-Shaped Spread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p21
Reviews for Pinecone-Shaped Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2011
I wouls use neufatchel cheese, fat free mayonaise, and turkey bacon.
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2009
This is a very impressive appetizer. I made two for a party and they went fast.