Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread
This savory pinecone is a blend of delicious cheeses and herbs. Topped with plenty of almonds, it makes an impressive and welcoming appetizer.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
28 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheese sauce and blue cheese
- until smooth. Stir in the onions, pimientos and Worcestershire
- sauce. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into a pinecone shape.
- Beginning at a narrow end, arrange almonds in rows. Garnish with
- rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 123 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.