Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheese sauce and blue cheese until smooth. Stir in the onions, pimientos and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- 2. On a serving platter, form cheese spread into a pinecone shape. Beginning at a narrow end, arrange almonds in rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 123 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread
"I have used this recipe and took it to a New Year's Eve get-together! It was much enjoyed! Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! Dawn E. Lowenstein"