This savory pinecone is a blend of delicious cheeses and herbs. Topped with plenty of almonds, it makes an impressive and welcoming appetizer. —Kathy Johnson Council Bluffs, Iowa
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheese sauce and blue cheese until smooth. Stir in the onions, pimientos and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into a pinecone shape. Beginning at a narrow end, arrange almonds in rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p25
Reviews for Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
"I have used this recipe and took it to a New Year's Eve get-together! It was much enjoyed! Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! Dawn E. Lowenstein"