This savory pinecone is a blend of delicious cheeses and herbs. Topped with plenty of almonds, it makes an impressive and welcoming appetizer. —Kathy Johnson Council Bluffs, Iowa
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups process cheese sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds, toasted
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheese sauce and blue cheese until smooth. Stir in the onions, pimientos and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into a pinecone shape. Beginning at a narrow end, arrange almonds in rows. Garnish with rosemary if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p25
Reviews for Pinecone-Shaped Blue Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
"I have used this recipe and took it to a New Year's Eve get-together! It was much enjoyed! Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! Dawn E. Lowenstein"