Pineapple Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and pineapple. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 163 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Pineapple Zucchini Bread
"This makes a moist, delicious bread that we all enjoyed. It doesn't really scream PINEAPPLE to me, I even increased the amount that I added to make up for omitting the nuts/raisins. I used really good quality cinnamon, and that is what I get more than anything. Next time I will back the cinnamon off more, and maybe add some pineapple extract if I can get my hands on it. Final verdict- very good."
"I love to make quick breads almost as much as my family loves eating them!This is one of their favorites; especially my youngest grandson."
"So good and moist. I substituted 1 C whole wheat flour for 1 C of the regular flour to add some extra fiber and nutrition. I decreased the sugar to 1 1/2 C. It turned out great."
"Excellent bread! My granddaughter and I made it today and she ate 3 slices shortly after it cooled enough to slice. I will definitely bake this many more times."
"I made it with Splenda and it is just delicious!"
"I've been looking for a truly moist zucchini bread and finally have found it! The pineapple is an added bonus. I just made this for the first time 3 days ago and loved it so much that I doubled the recipe the next day and shared with neighbors. I've already been asked several times for the recipe and one family, who professes to dislike zucchini, would now like some from my garden so they can make this bread themselves."
"This is the most wonderful recipe for zucchini bread!"
"Yummy and fairly easy! Good flavor and nice texture."