Pineapple Zucchini Bread with Pecans and Raisins Recipe
This moist, tender bread is a nice accompaniment to a Thanksgiving meal. But slices are also good for breakfast or a coffee break. Bake the batter in smaller pans for little loaves that are the perfect size for a bake sale.—Jen Stutts, Florence, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Add zucchini and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC