Pineapple Waldorf Salad
"This pretty salad is a staple at my house. I've shared the recipe with any satisfied guests," pens Lois Kenneberg, Phoenix, Arizona. "It's easily divided for smaller portions, tooI frequently make just 'one apple's worth'. I you don't like pineapple, try substituting canned mandarin oranges and juice instead."
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 6 cups chopped red apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Drain pineapple reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or
- save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, apples,
- celery, raisins and sunflower kernels. In another bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over
- fruit mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.