Pineapple Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 6 cups chopped red apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. Drain pineapple reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, celery, raisins and sunflower kernels. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.