"This pretty salad is a staple at my house. I've shared the recipe with any satisfied guests," pens Lois Kenneberg, Phoenix, Arizona. "It's easily divided for smaller portions, too—I frequently make just 'one apple's worth'. I you don't like pineapple, try substituting canned mandarin oranges and juice instead."
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 6 cups chopped red apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Drain pineapple reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, celery, raisins and sunflower kernels. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Waldorf Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p46
Reviews for Pineapple Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review