- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 6 cups chopped red apples (about 4 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Drain pineapple reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, apples, celery, raisins and sunflower kernels. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Waldorf Salad
"Have made this delish salad plenty a times; love the *crunchiness*. Either leave out sugar or cut way back (type I diabetes); turns out great every time!!"
"Love, love, love this recipe...I've made it countless times since it was published in Light & Tasty in 2002. A definite keeper!!"
"This is a fabulous, fresh-tasting salad full of healthy eating! I cook for small meetings as part of my job, and I serve this often. Half or all Splenda can be substituted for the sugar if needed and I prefer Miracle Whip Light because I don't like mayo (nor do I like fat-free mayo or salad dressing). Fat free plain yogurt isn't always available at the smaller grocery where I shop; I have substituted FF vanilla yogurt in this recipe and that works very well. This is definitely a 5-star recipe that doesn't leave you feeling like you got less because it was healthier!"