"Our family enjoys this microwaved medley of tender chicken, sweet pineapple, colorful peppers and crisp snow peas," relates Lori Hunter of Poca, West Virginia. "It's prepared in one dish so cleanup is a breeze," she adds.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 jar (12 ounces) mushroom gravy
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring twice. Drain; set chicken aside. In the same dish, combine the peppers, celery, onion and peas. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Combine gravy, soy sauce and ginger; stir into the vegetables. Add pineapple and chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Veggie Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pineapple Veggie Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"The pineapple juice may be a better substitute; it could possibly save a step."
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2012
"What can you substitute for the gravy to make this recipe healthier?"